A Professional Endodontist Might Need to Perform a Root Canal

Posted .

A toothache or other dental pain can certainly be distressing. Many of these problems are related to some form of dental trauma or an untreated area of tooth decay that has affected the sensitive core structures of a tooth. This can sometimes be associated with a building pain and pressure in the tooth or gums. In a case like this, it’s best to seek specialty care from our qualified endodontist, Dr. Stephen T. McInerney. The expertise and training he has received helps him to quickly assess the severity of the problem and start the treatment process.  

This might call for performing a root canal to remove damaged or infected tooth pulp, or even draining the fluid from a dental abscess. After the pulp has been removed and replaced with a material call gutta-percha the tooth will be sealed. In some cases, a crown may be needed to cover the tooth when the procedure is finished. A crown will restore the basic function of the tooth while protecting the dentin from further damage.

If you are in the Bingham Farms, Michigan, area and you have a severely distressed or decayed tooth, you should call 248-540-9191 to seek treatment from the endodontic specialists at Root Canal Specialists, PC. We look forward to helping you with all of your endodontic needs!